As I celebrate another birthday I’ve learned to embrace age. Today I’m not 30 plus 2, I am 32 and proud of it! Today I am much wiser than last year. I will count the steps in front of me instead of dwelling in those already taken. My new tradition is to celebrate my success and accomplishments on each birthday. The older I get the more fabulous I become. Here’s a nod to the awesomeness that was 31:
- I learned to swim and tackled my fear of water
- Since I learned to swim, I could snorkel at the barrier reef with sharks and stingrays. How cool is that?!
- Managed two Caribbean vacations to Curacao and Belize
- Ran my first and subsequently second 5K. I can’t say it’s my favorite form of exercise but it’s a new challenge
- Gained 10 pounds, but lost a total of 13 so I’m actually thinner now than last year.
- At the encouragement of a few friends I finally started this blog and I am so glad I did
31 was a great year and I can’t wait to experience 32. I challenge you to live for the future and not dwell in the past. Why would I want to be younger when I just get more awesome with every birthday?